- Roman conquest of Palestine; the province of Judea is formed. King Judah Aristobulus II removed from power, while his brother John Hyrcanus II becomes king under Roman suzereinty.
- Julius Caesar elected Pontifex Maximus.
- Marcus Tullius Cicero is senior consul.
- Cato the younger is tribune of the people.
- Catiline's conspiracy against the Roman Republic.
- September 23 - Augustus Octavius Caesar, first Roman Emperor
- Strabo - Greek historian, geographer and philosopher.
- Didymus Chalcenterus - Greek scholar and grammarian (approximate date)
- Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa - Roman stateman and general
- Pharnaces II of Pontus - King of Pontus
Last updated: 02-05-2005 00:48:52
Last updated: 02-23-2005 10:00:08