Events and Trends
- Gaius Iulius Caesar Octavianus defeats Marcus Antonius and Cleopatra VII of Egypt at the Battle of Actium (September 2, 31 BC). On August, 30 BC the victor captures Alexandria. Marcus Antonius and Cleopatra suicide and her son and co-ruler Ptolemy XV Caesarion is executed. Egypt is annexed to the Roman Republic and Octavianus becomes the undisputed ruler of Rome and her subjects. This would soon lead to the creation of the Roman Empire.
- Herod the Great builds Masada between 37 BC and 31 BC as a refuge for himself should his Jewish subjects rise against him.
- Marcus Antonius, Roman politician and general ( 83 - 30 BC).
- Pharaoh Cleopatra VII of Egypt (lived 70/ 69 - 30 BC, reigned 51 - 30 BC).
- Gaius Iulius Caesar Octavianus, Roman politician and general (62 BC - 14 AD).
- Pharaoh Ptolemy XV Caesarion (lived 47 - 30 BC, reigned 44 - 30 BC).
Last updated: 02-08-2005 13:56:44
Last updated: 02-23-2005 10:00:08