- March 15 - Ides of March: Julius Caesar, dictator of Rome, is assassinated by a group of Roman senators.
- April 18 - Octavian arrives in Naples from Greece to take up the inheritance of Julius Caesar.
- June - Mark Antony granted a five-year governorship of northern and central Transalpine Gaul (France) and Cisalpine Gaul (Northern Italy).
- September 2 - Pharaoh Cleopatra VII of Egypt declares her son co-ruler as Ptolemy XV Caesarion.
- September 2 – First of Cicero’s Philippics (oratorical attacks) on Antony. He will make 14 of them over the next several months.
- Comosicus succeeds Burebista as king of Dacia.
- March 15 - Julius Caesar, Roman dictator and general
- July 26 - Pharaoh Ptolemy XIV of Egypt (last date mentioned alive).
- Burebista, king of Dacia
Last updated: 12-13-2004 16:57:10