The word voice can mean:
- The human voice.
- The register of a line of counterpoint, including soprano, alto, tenor, bass. These terms come the section of the choir to which a line would be given (the soprano voice would have been given to the soprano voices).
- The tone of a piece of writing, influenced by its point of view.
- In phonetics and phonology, a phone or phoneme is said to be voiced if it is produced with the vocal folds vibrating. See phonation.
- In grammar, voice is a verb-form that indicates the relationship between the subject and the action expressed by the verb. See grammatical voice
- DICT Development Group entry on "voice"
Last updated: 02-07-2005 02:18:10
Last updated: 02-27-2005 18:53:34