Section can be:
- A cross section (in the common sense or the physics sense)
- In mathematics:
- A Caesarean section
- In UK law, Section 28
- In the fictional Star Trek universe, Section 31
- A military unit
- A section (U.S. land surveying) is a one square mile subdivision of a survey township
- A section of musical form, including introduction or intro, exposition, recapitulation, verse, chorus or refrain, conclusion, coda or outro, fadeout, bridge or interlude; or a sectional form such as binary form.
- A section of a musical ensemble, usually of like instruments, such as the string section in an orchestra.
- The section sign (§)
- A section in archaeology is a method of interpreting and recording features.
- A section in biology is a taxonomic grade intermediate between genus and species.
Last updated: 06-02-2005 13:19:48
Last updated: 08-25-2005 16:58:53