(Redirected from King of Norway
This article is a list of rulers of Norway up until the present, including:
- The Norwegian kingdom (with Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands 1262-1814)
- The Union of Sweden and Norway (1814-1905)
- The Kingdom of Norway (1905 to present)
The early Viking kings are listed using the name common in historic sources (with the Norwegian name in italics).
Note also that before the Law of Succession was introduced in 1163, the inheritance of the throne was an affair filled with deep conflicts. In many cases, brothers would initially share it.
The Norwegian Kingdom (872-1319)
The Constitutional Assembly at Eidsvoll (1814)
The Union of Sweden and Norway (1814-1905)
The Kingdom of Norway (1905 to present)
- The article Olav covers that recurring Norwegian royal name.
- Nominally a Danish vassal, but de facto independent
Heirs Apparent to the Norwegian Throne
- HRH Crown Prince Haakon (b. 1973)
- HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra (b. 2004)
- Princess Märtha Louise (b. 1971)
Maud Angelica Behn (b. 2003)
Leah Isadora Behn (b. 2005)
Last updated: 08-19-2005 08:40:57