Events and Trends
- 728 BC - Piye invades Egypt, conquering Memphis and receives the submission of the rulers of the Nile Delta. He founds the Twenty-fifth dynasty of Egypt.
- 727 BC - Babylonia makes itself independent of Assyria
- 724 BC - The Assyrians start a four-year siege of Tyre
- 724 BC - The diaulos footrace introduced at the Olympics.
- 723 BC - Israel conquered by Assyria
- 723 BC - Spring and Autumn Period of China's history begins as King Zhou ping wang of the Zhou Dynasty reigns in name only.
- 720 BC - End of the Assyrian siege of Tyre
- 729 BC - Tiglath-Pileser III officially crowned sovereign of Asia in Babylon
- 729 BC - Hezekiah succeeds Ahaz as king of Judah (or 726 BC)
- 729 BC - Luli succeeds Mattan II as king of Tyre
- 728 BC - Death of Tiglath-Pileser III, king of Assyria (or 727 BC)
- 727 BC - Shalmaneser V becomes king of Assyria (dies 723 BC)
- 727 BC - Tefnakhte founds the Twenty-fourth dynasty of Egypt
- 724 BC - Ahaz, king of Judah dies (740 BC-726 BC)
- 723 BC - Sargon succeeds Shalmaneser V as king of Assyria
- 720 BC - Death of Zhou ping wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 720 BC - Bakenrenef (also known as Bocchoris) succeeds his father Tefnakhte as king of the Twenty-fourth dynasty of Egypt.
Last updated: 02-05-2005 16:27:42
Last updated: 02-23-2005 10:18:13