Events and Trends
- 677 BC - Death of Zhou li wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 677 BC - Esarhaddon leads the Assyrian army against rebellious Arab tribes, advances as far as the Brook of Egypt.
- 676 BC - Zhou hui wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 674 BC - Esarhaddon puts down a revolt in Ashkelon supported by Taharqa, king of Egypt. In response, the Assyrians invade Egypt, but Taharqa is able to hold the invaders off.
- 673 BC - Tullus Hostilius becomes king of Rome
- 671 BC - Esarhaddon again invades Egypt, capturing Memphis as well as a number of the royal family.
Last updated: 02-08-2005 04:11:26
Last updated: 02-23-2005 10:18:13