A transducer is a device that converts one type of energy to another, or responds to a physical parameter . A transducer is in its fundamental form a passive component . If the component is electrical then it generally has two electrical terminals.
List of transducers
- gramophone pick-up
- hydrophone - converts changes in water pressure into an electrical form
- loudspeaker, earphone - converts changes in electrical signals into acoustic form
- microphone - converts changes in air pressure into an electrical signal
- piezoelectric crystal - converts pressure changes into electrical form
- antenna (electronics) - converts airborne RF signals into electrical form
- cathode ray tube (CRT) - converts electrical signals into visual form
- fluorescent lamp, light bulb - converts electrical power into visible light
- magnetic cartridge - converts motion into electrical form
- photocell or light-dependent resistor (LDR) - converts changes in light levels into resistance changes
- reed switch - converts a strong magnetic field into a switch activation
- tape head - converts changing magnetic fields into electrical form
- Hall effect sensor - converts a magnetic field level into electrical form
- Geiger-Müller tube used for measuring radioactivity.
- Electronic. These components change one electrical parameter in response to another. By some definitions these are electronic components, not transducers.
- Electrical. These components change one electrical parameter in response to another. By some definitions these are passive electronic components, not transducers.
The Danish Wikipedia
- whatis: transducer
- Federal Standard 1037C, August 7, 1996: transducer
- American National Standard for Telecommunications - Telecom Glossary 2000: transducer
- Search: transducer+definition