The words test and testing have many meanings:
- Testing or experimentation is part of the scientific method, to verify or falsify an already formed expectation with an observation.
- In manufacturing, quality control testing is a procedure designed to test the functionality of the product under potentially harmful conditions. This product is frequently called the unit under test, or UUT.
- In the sport of cricket, a Test is a top-level match between two cricketing nations. Test matches are played with two innings a side, over five days.
- In education, a test is used to measure students' performance, knowledge or skills.
- The River Test is a river in Hampshire, England.
Test is also the professional wrestling name of Andrew Martin.
- In Software engineering, testing is used to find bugs in programs.
- In marketing, test can refer to a type of marketing research.
For a more complete list of articles on tests, see the List of tests.
See also Assessment.
Last updated: 05-13-2005 07:56:04