Punk can have the following meanings:
- A follower of punk music, fashion or culture.
Punk rock, a type of music performed by bands like the Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Damned ...
Punk is a set of social and political beliefs, morals and standards that indicate an absolute rejection of conformity, except of course conformity to the narrow range of punk political beliefs, morals and standards, which must be absolute. See Punk ideology.
- A punk is a combustible material or a piece of kindling to light slow-igniting substances. Also a small stub or cigar.
Donny the Punk is a nickname for Stephen Donaldson, founder of Stop Prisoner Rape, Inc.. He is not to be confused with Stephen R. Donaldson, the author of fantasy novels.
- In Shakespearean slang, punke is a prostitute.
- In the English county of Somerset there are two traditional uses of the term "punk".
- Hunky Punk is a stone carving of an ugly face on the walls of buildings.
Punkie Night is a local Somerset variation of Halloween. (Source:Punkie Night on National Geographic's '"Pulse of the Planet"')
Last updated: 06-01-2005 23:39:08