(Redirected from Proportional
The word proportionality may have one of a number of meanings:
- In mathematics, proportionality is a mathematical relation between two quantities.
- In law and politics, proportionality is a maxim in some theories of governance and a principle underpinning the constitution of the European Union.
- In politics, proportional representation is a democratic electoral system.
- In art, body proportions are the study of relation of human body parts to each other and the whole, essential for depiction of human figure.
- In typography, a proportional font is a font whose glyphs are displayed using varying widths.
- In the Just war theory, proportionality is one of the conditions.
Last updated: 02-08-2005 12:31:51
Last updated: 05-03-2005 17:50:55