- A social or sociological norm; see norm (sociology).
- For philosophy, semantics and law, see norm (philosophy), which is a sentence or a meaning unit.
- A statistical concept in psychometrics.
- In mathematics, a norm can be
- A map which assigns a length to vectors, see normed vector space. See also matrix norm.
- The nonnegative integer function in the definition of Euclidean domain;
- The product of conjugate elements of an algebraic element;
- The field norm in algebraic number theory and Galois theory.
- The reduced norm in the theory of algebras.
- Norm is also a character in the sitcom Cheers, and a spin-off, Norm .
- If you are looking for behavior norms on Wikipedia, try Wikipedia:wikiquette or http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiSocialNorms
See related meanings in normal.
Last updated: 02-10-2005 19:37:34
Last updated: 02-26-2005 12:51:44