List of publications in sociology
This is a list of important publications in sociology, organized by field.
Some reasons why a particular publication might be regarded as important:
- Topic creator - A publication that created a new topic
- Breakthrough - A publication that changed scientific knowledge significantly
- Introduction - A publication that is a good introduction or survey of a topic
- Impact - A publication which had a major impact on the world or on the research
- Latest and greatest - The current most advanced result in a topic
Description: In The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism, Weber puts forward a thesis that Puritan ethic and ideas had influenced the development of capitalism. However religius devotion usually was accompanied by rejection of mundane affairs including economic pursuit. Why was that not the case with Protestantism? Weber addresses that paradox in that work.
Importance: Topic creator, Breakthrough, Impact