- See also Jena, Louisiana, United States.
Map of Germany showing Jena
Jena is a city in central Germany on the River Saale in Thuringia. Its population is 101,325 (as of 30 June 2003).
On October 14, 1806 Napoleon fought and defeated the Prussian army here (Battle of Jena-Auerstedt).
Jena is a manufacturing city, specializing in precision machinery, pharmaceuticals, optics and photographic equipment, and home to the famous Zeiss optics plant.
Colleges and universities
- Official Homepage of Jena http://www.jena.de (German)
- Events, Locations & Community for Jena http://www.monoteque.de (German)
- University of Applied Sciences http://www.fh-jena.de
- Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena http://www.uni-jena.de
- Maps http://www.calle.com/info.cgi?lat=50.9333&long=11.5833&name=Jena&cty=Germany&alt
Last updated: 02-10-2005 04:49:57
Last updated: 05-03-2005 17:50:55