Hizb ut-Tahrir (Arabic: ﺣﺰﺏ ﺍﻟﺘﺤﺮﻳﺮ; meaning Party of Liberation) is an Islamic organization founded by Taqiuddin al-Nabhani, religious judge (qadi) of Jerusalem al-quds in 1953, dedicated to the re-establishment of the Khilafah state & removing all imperialistic non-Islamic control from Muslims and their societies. These influences include: non-Muslim military capacities, such as the US Armed Forces presence in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia & Pakistan; non-Islamic laws and legal concepts; and Muslim trust in non-Islamic thoughts ( Secularism, philosophy, ...).
These goals are to be accomplished by uniting all Muslims in a single Islamic state- the Khilafah, whose society, laws, norms and social mores are determined by Islam exclusively, ruled by a Caliph. A three stage plan of action to fulfull these goals has been set forth:
- Establish a community of Hizb ut-Tahrir members. Members that accept the goals, and methods of the organization as their own and is ready to work to fulfill these goals.
- Widen the influence and membership of Hizb ut-Tahrir among as large a number of Muslims as possible.
- Overthrow the government and replace it with one that implements Islam "generally and comprehensively", carrying Islam to people throughout the world.
The organization claims that these steps are in accordance with the method of Muhammad, whose method for change is obligatory for Muslims to follow. Despite the unproven claims of several Muslim governments the group has always maintained a policy of political rather than violent change.
Hizb ut-Tahrir is considered a criminal organization in several countries, and in February 2003 the Russian Supreme Court banned Hizb ut-Tahrir as a terrorist organization. A month before, Hizb ut-Tahrir was also outlawed in Germany on charges of anti-Jewish propaganda for it's criticism of Israels occupation of Palestine, this ruling is being challenged in the German courts. Denmark is currently also considering outlawing the organization, because of claims of recent threats from the organization against the non-Muslim population of Denmark, however all claims of these nature seem to contradict the groups prefered method for change.
- Hizb ut-Tahrir Official Site http://www.hizb-ut-tahrir.org/
- Islamic forum http://www.alokab.com/forums/
- Speeches from Al-Aqsa Mosque http://www.al-aqsa.org/
- Hizb ut-Tahrir Media Site http://www.hizb-ut-tahrir.info/
- Khilafah.com News and Analysis http://www.khilafah.com/
- Khilafah Structure http://www.khilafah.net/
- Hizb ut-Tahrir- Turkey http://www.al-ummah.org/
- Muslims News from Britain http://www.1924.org/
- Contemporary Issues in Islamic Thought http://www.al-nahda.com/
- Al-Waie Islamic Magazine http://www.al-waie.org/
- Al-Ummah Voice Room in Paltalk http://www.alummah-voice.net/
- Hizb ut-Tahrir- Pakistan http://www.khilafah.com.pk/
- Hizb ut-Tahrir Denmark http://www.khilafah.dk/
- Hizb ut-Tahrir Holland http://www.expliciet.nl/
- Hizb ut-Tahrir Indonesia http://www.al-islam.or.id/
- Ramadhan Site http://www.ramadhan.org/
Last updated: 02-11-2005 00:06:32
Last updated: 04-25-2005 03:06:01