Geriatrics is the branch of medicine that focuses on health promotion and the prevention and treatment of disease and disability in later life. The term itself can be distinguished from Gerontology, which is the study of the aging process itself.
Geriatricians are primary care physicians who are board-certified in either Family Practice or Internal Medicine and have also acquired the additional training necessary to obtain the Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Geriatric Medicine.
- American Board Family Practice CAQ Geriatric Medicine
- American Board Internal Medicine CAQ Geriatric Medicine
- American Geriatrics Society
- Merck Manual of Geriatrics
- Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence
- What is Geriatrics?
- Yahoo! Health Directory Medicine > Geriatrics