Five Easy Pieces
Five Easy Pieces is a 1970 film which tells the story of a concert pianist (played by Jack Nicholson) who is estranged from his family. In the opening of the film the character is working as an oil rigger. When his father becomes ill, he goes to confront the family, taking his diner waitress girlfriend with him. It stars Jack Nicholson, Karen Black, Billy Green Bush, Fannie Flagg and Sally Struthers.
The movie was written by Carole Eastman (as Adrien Joyce) and Bob Rafelson , and was directed by Rafelson.
It was nominated by Academy Awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role (Jack Nicholson), Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Karen Black), Best Picture and Best Writing, Story and Screenplay Based on Factual Material or Material Not Previously Published or Produced.
- Bobby: I'd like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.
- Waitress: A #2, chicken salad sand. Hold the butter, the lettuce, the mayonnaise, and a cup of coffee. Anything else?
- Bobby: Yeah, now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.
- Waitress: You want me to hold the chicken, huh?
- Bobby: I want you to hold it between your knees.
- List of movies
- List of actors
- List of directors
- List of documentaries
- List of Hollywood movie studios