- In mathematics and computer science, the binary (base-two) numeral system is a representation for numbers that uses only zeroes and ones as digits.
- A computer file or data stream is said to be binary when it is interpreted as a sequence of encoded numerical values rather than human-readable text
- In computer programming, a binary is a file containing machine code that can be executed by the operating system
Binary is a 1972 novel by Michael Crichton, writing as John Lange.
- In astronomy, binary is short for binary star, a stellar system consisting of two nearby stars that revolve around a common center of mass.
- In music, binary is a musical form that consists of two parts.
- In higher education, an education system that includes both polytechnic, or college, and university style institutions. These institutions are often intended to complement each other and form an important basis in the overall education policy and infrastructure of a country or region.
- In the Marvel Universe, Binary is a superheroine.
- In chemical warfare a binary weapon is one that contains two capsules, each of which contains a chemical, that when combined with the contents of the other, will react to make a toxic agent.
Last updated: 06-02-2005 13:46:07