809 810 811 812 - 813 - 814 815 816 817
780s 790s 800s - 810s - 820s 830s 840s
8th century - 9th century - 10th century
- June 22 - Byzantine Emperor Michael I is defeated in a war against the Bulgarians.
- July 12 - A revolt puts Leo V on the throne of the Byzantine Empire; former emperor Michael becomes a monk. Beginning of the Second Iconoclastic Period.
- Louis the Pious crowned co-emperor of the Franks with his father Charlemagne.
- Baghdad school of astronomy opened by Al Mamon .
- Third Council of Tours : priests are ordered to preach in the vernacular (either Vulgar Latin or German)
- The Bulgars capture Adrianople.
- Abu Nuwas, poet
Last updated: 02-05-2005 03:08:45
Last updated: 03-01-2005 14:50:13