- June 23 - Titus succeeds his father Vespasian as Roman emperor.
- August 24, beginning of eruption of Mount Vesuvius which destroys Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Roman Emperor Titus dedicates the famous Roman Colosseum.
- Gnaeus Julius Agricola enters Scotland but is resisted by the Caledonians.
- June 23 - Roman emperor Vespasian
- August 24 - Pliny the Elder, Roman writer and scientist (killed by Vesuvius eruption)
- Caesius Bassus, Roman poet (killed by Vesuvius eruption)
Last updated: 02-05-2005 01:22:24
Last updated: 03-01-2005 14:40:46