- Alternate uses, see Number 68
- June 9 - Roman Emperor Nero commits suicide.
- Buddhism officially arrives in China with the building of the White Horse Temple.
- Lucius Clodius Macer revolts against Nero, emperor of the Roman Empire.
- The Roman Senate declares Nero persona non grata. Galba succeeds Nero.
- The year of the four emperors: Galba (68), Otho (69) and Vitellius (69) all govern a very short time before Vespasian becomes emperor.
- Last year covered by Gaius Cornelius Tacitus' Annals, a history of the Roman Empire.
- Ignatius of Antioch becomes the third bishop of Antioch.
- Legio I Macriana liberatrix and Legio I Adiutrix are created.
- The Gospel of Mark is written (probable date).
- Vindex, rebellious governor
- June 9 - Nero, emperor of the Roman Empire, suicide
- Onesimus, Patriarch of Constantinople
Last updated: 11-06-2004 06:35:48