Events and trends
- The suicide of Roman Emperor Nero leaves the throne vacant. Several candidates for the throne emerge resulting in a year of civil war known as the Year of the four emperors (68 - 69).
- Batavian rebellion in the Roman province of Germania Inferior (69 - 70).
- The Gospels of Mark, Matthew and Luke are being written.
- Jewish revolt against Roman rule.
- Nero, Roman Emperor (54 - 68).
- Servius Sulpicius Galba, Roman Emperor (68 - 69).
- Marcus Salvius Otho, Roman Emperor (69)
- Aulus Vitellius, Roman Emperor (69)
- Titus Flavius Vespasianus, Roman Emperor (Vespasian, 69 - 79).
Last updated: 02-08-2005 16:23:58
Last updated: 02-23-2005 10:00:08