Events and Trends
- 509 BC - Foundation of the Roman Republic
- 508 BC - Office of pontifex maximus created in Rome
- 507 BC - Cleisthenes, Greek reformer, took power and increased democracy
- 506 BC - Battle of Bai ju Forces of Wu under Sun Tzu, defeat the forces of Chu
- 505 BC - First pair of Roman consuls elected
- 502 BC - December 4 Solar eclipse darkens Egypt. (computed, no clear historical record of observation)
- 502 BC - The Latin League defeats the Etruscans under Lars Porsenna at Aricia .
- 502 BC - Naxos rebels against Persian domination sparking the Ionian Revolt.
- 501 BC - Cleisthenes reforms the democracy in Athens.
- 501 BC - Naxos is attacked by the Persian Empire.
- 501 BC - In response to threats by the Sabines, Rome creates the office of dictator.
- 501 BC - Confucius is appointed governor of Chung-tu .
- 501 BC - Gadir (present-day Cádiz) is captured by Carthage. (approximate date)
- 500 BC - Bantu-speaking people migrate into south-west Uganda from the west. (approximate date)
- 500 BC - Refugees from Teos resettle Abdera.
See also: List of state leaders in 500 BC
Last updated: 02-11-2005 05:37:23
Last updated: 02-23-2005 10:15:13