1684 1685 1686 - 1687 - 1688 1689 1690
1650s 1660s 1670s - 1680s - 1690s 1700s 1710s
16th century - 17th century - 18th century
1687 in literature
1687 in science
1687 state leaders
- March 19 - The men under explorer Robert Cavelier de La Salle murder him while searching for the mouth of the Mississippi River.
- July 5 - Isaac Newton's Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica is published.
- December 31 - The first Huguenots set sail from France to the Cape of Good Hope.
- King James II of England issues the Declaration of Indulgence, suspending laws against Catholics and non-conformists.
- Change of emperor of the Ottoman Empire from Mehmed IV (1648-1687) to Suleiman II (1687-1691)
- End of the reign of Emperor Reigen of Japan
- Emperor Higashiyama ascends to the throne of Japan
- January 27 - Johann Balthasar Neumann, master builder (+ 1753)
- Antonion Lazzaro Moro - Italian geologist (+ 1752)
- Robert Simson- mathematician
- March 22 - Jean Baptiste Lully, French composer
- September 12 - John Alden, Mayflower pilgrim
- Sir William Petty, philosopher
Last updated: 02-07-2005 07:41:05
Last updated: 02-22-2005 15:48:47