1471 1472 1473 - 1474 - 1475 1476 1477
1440s 1450s 1460s - 1470s - 1480s 1490s 1500s
14th century - 15th century - 16th century
- December 12 - Upon the death of Henry IV of Castile a civil war ensues between his designated successor Isabella I of Castile and her sister Juana who was supported by her husband, Alfonso V of Portugal. Isabella won the civil war after a lengthy struggle when her husband, Ferdinand II of Aragon, the newly crowned king of Aragon, comes to her aid.
- March 1 - Angela Merici, founder of the Ursulines (d. 1540)
- September 18 - Ludovico Ariosto, Italian poet (d. 1533)
- Perkin Warbeck, Fleming Pretender to the throne of England, claimed to be Richard, Duke of York (estimated date).
- Sir John Seymour, English courtier (approximate birth).
Last updated: 02-03-2005 03:06:50
Last updated: 02-22-2005 15:48:47