1269 1270 1271 - 1272 - 1273 1274 1275
1240s 1250s 1260s - 1270s - 1280s 1290s 1300s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
1272 state leaders
- August 6 - Stephen V's death makes his son, Ladislaus, King of Hungary.
- November 20 - Following Henry III of England's death on November 16, his son Prince Edward becomes King of England.
- Count Floris V of Holland makes an unsuccessful attack on Frisia in an attempt to recover the body of his father.
- Robert Kilwardby is named Archbishop of Canterbury by Pope Gregory X
- Gouda is granted the rights of a city
- Emperor Go-Saga of Japan
- Stephen V of Hungary - August 6
- Henry III of England - November 16
- Richard of Cornwall, Holy Roman Emperor and younger brother to Henry III
Heads of State
- Aragon - James I, King of Aragon, (reigned from 1213 to 1276)
- Henry III, King of England, (reigned from 1216 to 1272)
- Edward I, King of England, (reigned from 1272 to 1307)
Last updated: 02-06-2005 22:20:02
Last updated: 03-01-2005 14:53:33