T is the twentieth letter of the modern Latin alphabet.
Tâw was the last letter of the Western Semitic alphabet — and of the Hebrew alphabet. The sound value of Semitic Taw, Greek alphabet Tαυ (Tau), and Old Italic alphabet and Latin T was IPA .
Tango represents the letter T in the NATO phonetic alphabet.
Meanings for T
- T- is used as a prefix for an object that is shaped like the capital letter T, such as T-shirt, T-bone, and T-joint .
- In biochemistry, T is the symbol for threonine and thymine.
- In calendars, T is often an abbreviation for Tuesday or Thursday.
- In chemistry, T is the symbol for tritium, an isotope of hydrogen.
- In communications, T sometimes stands for telephone number.
- In cooking, t. is an abbreviation for tablespoon.
- In financial securities, T is the stock symbol for AT&T.
- In computing, T refers to the T programming language.
- In mass transit, "the T" is an abbreviated name for transit systems in some cities, notably, the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) of Boston, and the transit system of Fort Worth, Texas.
- In mathematics, T is sometimes used for the top element of a lattice.
- In the metric system,
- As the first letter of a postal code,
- In probability and statistics, t represents Student's t-distribution.
- In propositional logic T is the symbol for true.
- In Roman naming convention, T is the abbreviation for the praenomen Titus.
- In the sciences,
- In video games, T is the ESRB rating symbol for Teen.
- In economics, T is usually used to represent taxation.