- To study means to acquire knowledge, often by memorization or reading.
- A study is an experiment, especially a clinical trial.
- Study or studies may refer to a field of research or academics.
- A study is a kind of sketch or drawing made in order to practise or demonstrate a subject or technique; see study (drawing) .
- Study is a musical form also used to practise or demonstrate a subject or technique; see study (music) .
- A study is a room in a home used as an office or library; see study (room).
Eduard Study was a 19th-century German mathematician.
The word study comes from the Middle English word studie which comes from the Old French estudie which comes from Latin studium which means to devote oneself.
Last updated: 08-20-2005 23:49:37