Square megametre (symbol Mm2) is an SI unit of surface area. It is one of the SI derived units.
1 Mm2 is equal to:
Square megametres are not widely used; however, there are a number of "megametre fans" who think that this unit is very convenient for measuring oceans and continents.
- 1 Mm2 is the area of Egypt
- The area of Africa is 30.2 Mm2
- The total area of the Moon's surface is 38 Mm2
- The total area of dry land on Earth is 149.8 Mm2
- The area of the Pacific Ocean is 179.7 Mm2
- The total area of the Earth's surface is 510 Mm2
For more examples
Last updated: 05-02-2005 06:43:37