TeliaSonera AB is the result of a merger between the Swedish and Finnish telecommunications companies, Telia and Sonera.
Both of them have a history as national telephone monopolies before being privatised and subsequently merged. Despite the corporate merger the separate brand names of Telia and Sonera will continue to be used on Swedish and Finnish national markets respectively.
- Swedish State 45.3%
- Finnish State 19.1
- Institutions and companies, Sweden 18.1
- Institutions and companies, Finland 4.1
- Individual investors, Sweden 3.8
- Individual investors, Finland 2.6
- Shareholders outside Sweden and Finland 7.0