The word propagation can mean:
- Multiplication or increase, as by natural reproduction.
- In genetics, propagation is another term for the elongation part of transcription.
- In agriculture and horticulture, propagation is the production of increased numbers of plants, by seeds, cuttings, grafting or other methods.
- In religion, propagation is a term often used for winning new converts to the particular religion.
- In physics, propagation is the motion of waves through or along a medium.
Note: For electromagnetic waves, propagation may occur in a vacuum as well as in material media.
Source: from Federal Standard 1037C
Last updated: 02-08-2005 22:04:08
Last updated: 02-20-2005 19:59:56