(Redirected from Patriotic songs
A patriotic song is a song that demonstrates love for one's country. It may have words, or it may be simply instrumental; it may be an official national anthem or may not be. It is often sung on holidays. Common themes include love of country or other patriotic and nationalist sentiments. Some patriotic songs are militaristic, jingoistic, or have themes that glorify self-sacrifice; others focus on a land's beauty, history, or ideals.
List By Country
See also: Israeli National Folk Music.
- Trys Milijonai (Three millions)
- Himna kosovskih junaka (Hymn of Kosovo heroes)
- Mars na Drinu (March on Drina)
- Marsirala Kralja Petra garda (King Peter's guard on march)
- Od Topole pa do Ravne gore (From Topola to Ravna gora )
- Sprem'te se sprem'te (Get ready, get ready)
- España cañí
- Que viva España (May Spain live)
- Fädernas kyrka (The Church of the Fathers)
Kungssången (The King's Song) - Royal Anthem
- Land, du välsignade (Land, thou blessed)
- Marcia Carolus Rex (The march of king Carl)
- Sveriges flagga (Flag of Sweden)
- Sverige, Sverige fosterland (Sweden, Sweden Motherland)
- Vår Gud är oss en väldig borg (Our God is for us a mighty castle)
For historical reasons of the domination by England of the culture of the United Kingdom, those songs have been adopted as patriotic songs, often to the distaste of the Scottish, Welsh, and Irish.
Last updated: 05-07-2005 08:54:35
Last updated: 05-13-2005 07:56:04