Nu has the following meanings:
Nu is a letter in the Greek alphabet: lowercase ν, uppercase Ν.
- In Egyptian mythology, Nu (or Nun) is the personification of the ocean which encircled the entire world. He was an ancient god, even from before Ra, who emerged from Nu. He was part of the Ogdoad at Hermopolis and the husband of Naunet.
- The Nu people are a Chinese ethnic group.
U Nu is a former Burmese prime minister
- With a slash to denote a click, the N/u, or Khomani , are a San (Bushmen) people of Africa. They speak a Khoisan language which is also called N/u.
- In ASCII, Ν and ν (for older browsers, approximately "N" and "v") are displayed by using the letters "nu"
Nu is also used as a short form of new, as in Nu Metal, Nu Jazz, and Nupedia (as well as being a pun on GNU).
- As an interjection before a sentence, the word nu means "Well..." This interjection is of Yiddish origin.
- In Chinese, Nu means woman. See Nü shu, the women-only writing system.
.nu is an Internet top level domain.
- A Nu is a fictional character from the video game Chrono Trigger
- 'Nu' in Dutch means 'now' in English
NU (in all caps) can refer to any of the following institutions:
For multilingual definitions of Nu, see wiktionary:nu.
Last updated: 05-16-2005 20:42:00