The Immortal Seven were seven notable English citizens who issued the Invitation to William, a document asking William of Orange to depose James II in favour of William's wife Mary, culminating in the Glorious Revolution. It was carried to William by Lord Torrington , and identified by a secret code.
- Thomas Osborne (Lord Danby)
- Charles Talbot (Lord Shrewsbury)
- William Cavendish (Duke of Devonshire)
- Richard Lumley (Lord Lumley)
- Henry Compton (Bishop of London)
- Edward Russell
- Henry Sidney (who wrote the Invitation)