The name Elam means highland, and may refer to:
- An ancient nation, the Elamite Empire.
- One of eight or nine men in the Hebrew Bible:
- In Genesis 10:22, Elam, a son of Shem and grandson of Noah, appears as the ancestor of the Elamites, see Ezra 4:9.
- In 1 Chronicles 8:24 Elam is a son of Shashak of the tribe of Benjamin.
- In 1 Chronicles 26:3 Elam is the son of Meshelemiah , a Levite of the family of Kohath.
- In Ezra 2:1-2,7 Elam is the ancestor of a family that returned with Zerabbabel .
- In Ezra 2:31 Elam is the ancestor of a family that returned from the Captivity. This is possibly the same man and family as in Ezra 2:1-2,7.
- In Ezra 8:7 Elam is the ancestor of a family that returned with Ezra.
- In Ezra 10:3 Elam is the grandfather of Shechaniah .
- In Nehemiah 10:14 Elam is one of the men who joins Nehemiah in sealing the new covenant.
- In Nehemiah 12:42 Elam is a priest who helps in the rededication of the rebuilt walls of Jerusalem.
Last updated: 06-01-2005 21:27:39
Last updated: 08-27-2005 12:39:49