Bethel (Hebrew for "House of El")
Bethel (Israel) is a city in ancient Israel, about 10 miles north of Jerusalem. It is identified with the Palestinian village of Beitun in the West Bank and near the modern Israeli settlement of Beit El .
- For traditions of other such stones named Bethel and a god named Bethel see Bethel (god).
- Bethel was also a town in the south of Judah (Josh. 8:17; 12:16). It seems to be the same as the place called Bethul or Bethuel, a city of the tribe of Simeon.
Several places in the United States of America are named Bethel:
Several exist in Ontario, Canada:
- Bethel, Ontario (Leeds and Grenville County)
- Bethel, Ontario (Niagara Region)
- Bethel, Ontario (Prince Edward County)
- Bethel, Ontario (Kawartha Lakes)
There is a Bethel, South Africa
Last updated: 08-03-2005 06:55:56
Last updated: 09-03-2005 18:37:12