Alma Media is one of the largest media companies in Finland. The largest owner is the Swedish media house Bonnier . Recently Norwegian media company Schibsted made a public offer for purchasing Alma Media.
- 1957 founded Oy Mainos-TV-Reklam Ab which was the first commercial television in Finland
- 1980 established the Iltalehti afternoon newspaper
- 1993 commercial television channel MTV3 got its own channel place
- 1997 Radio Nova, the first commercial national radio, begins broadcasts
- 1998 Alma Media Group officially begins operating