(Redirected from 709 BC)
Events and Trends
- 708 BC - Spartan immigrants found Taras (Tarentum, the modern Taranto) colony in southern Italy.
- 705 BC - Sennacherib succeeds his brother Shalmaneser V as king of Assyria
- 704 BC - Sennacherib moves the capital of Assyira back to Nineveh
- 701 BC - King Hezekiah of Judah, backed by Egypt, revolts against king Sennacherib of Assyria. Sennacherib sacks many Palestinian cities, but fails in his attempt to take Jerusalem
- 700 BC - The Scythians start settling in Cimmerian areas, slowly replacing the previous inhabitants.
Last updated: 03-01-2005 14:56:34