- The Year of the four emperors: After Nero's death, Galba, Otho and Vitellius are all Roman emperor a short time before eventually Vespasian takes over.
- April 14 - Battle of Bedriacum : Vitellius defeats Otho's legions.
- October 24 - Battle of Second Cremona : Flavians defeats Vitellians.
- December 22 - Vespasian becomes Roman emperor
- The Batavii under Julius Civilis revolt (Batavian rebellion).
- Legio I Macriana liberatrix is disbanded.
- Saint Polycarp of Smyrna
Last updated: 02-02-2005 03:53:12
Last updated: 03-01-2005 14:40:46