Events and Trends
- 562 BC - Amel-Marduk succeeds Nebuchadnezzar as king of Babylon
- 560 BC - Neriglissar succeeds Amel-Marduk as king of Babylon
- 560 BC - Croesus becomes king of Lydia
- 560 BC - Pisistratus siezes the Acropolis of Athens and declares himself tyrant. He is deposed in the same year.
- May, 563 BC - Birth of Siddhartha Gautama, later known as Gautama Buddha in Lumbini, India.
- 562 BC - Death of Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon (approximate date).
- 560 BC - Birth of Nabu-rimanni in Babylonia, Chaldean astronomer and mathematician (+ 480 BC) (approximate date).
Last updated: 02-08-2005 10:04:37
Last updated: 02-23-2005 10:15:13