521 522 523 524 - 525 - 526 527 528 529
490s 500s 510s - 520s - 530s 540s 550s
5th century - 6th century - 7th century
- Bernicia settled by the Angles
- Ethiopia conquers Yemen
- The Daisan river, a tributary of the Euphrates, floods Edessa and within a couple of hours fills the entire city except for the highest parts. Eventually the pent-up waters break through the city walls. The Shroud of Turin was discovered during the rebuilding of the city.
- Byzantine emperor Justin I rebuilds Anazarbus and renames it Justinopolis.
- Dionysius Exiguus produces his tables for computing the date of Easter.
- John Climax (probable date)
- Boëthius (probable date)
Last updated: 11-06-2004 06:37:53