Events and Trends
- Establishment of the Roman Republic
- March 12, 515 BC - Construction is completed on the Temple in Jerusalem.
- 514 BC -- King Helu of Wu established "Great City of Helu", the ancient name for Suzhou, as his capital in China.
- 513 BC -- Darius the Great subdues the Getae and east Thrace in his war against the Scythians
- 510 BC -- Hippias, son of Pisistratus and tyrant of Athens, was expelled by a popular revolt supported by Cleomenes I, King of Sparta and his forces.
- 510 BC -- End of reign of Lucius Tarquinius Superbus, last king of the traditional seven Kings of Rome.
- 510 BC -- Demaratus succeeds Ariston as king of Sparta. (approximate date)
- 516 BC - Indian Sub-continent - Occupation of Punjab was completed by the Persian King Gustasp
Last updated: 02-08-2005 03:37:30
Last updated: 02-23-2005 10:15:13