- Alternate uses, see Number 23
- Greek geographer Strabo publishes Geography, a work covering the world known to the Romans and Greeks at the time of Emperor Augustus - it is the only such book to survive from the ancient world.
- Liu Xuan, a descendant of the Han Dynasty royal family and leader of insurgents against the Xin Dynasty, proclaims himself emperor against Wang Mang.
- Tiberius lost his son Drusus, and from then on seems to have lost interest in the Empire and occupied himself with pleasure.
- Aelius Sejanus begins to dominate the Roman Senate, after the death of Drusus Julius Caesar.
- Gaius Asinius Pollio, Gaius Antistius Vetus become consuls
- Pliny the Elder, Roman scientist and writer
Last updated: 11-06-2004 01:45:23