18th century - 19th century - 20th century
1780s 1790s 1800s - 1810s - 1820s 1830s 1840s
1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819
- End of the Napoleonic Wars in Europe (1803 - 1815).
- The Luddites (1811 - 1816) in Great Britain were machine-wreckers, protesting against machines perceived as taking their jobs.
- The Spanish colony of New Granada declares independence as the Republic of Gran Colombia under President Simón Bolívar (1819 - 1828).
- Charles Dickens.
- The Congress of Vienna reshapes the map of Europe after the defeat of Napoleon and introduces a policy of reaction and restoration throughout Europe(1814-1815)
- Emperor Francis II (Austria)
- Chancellor Klemens Wenzel von Metternich (Austria)
- Emperor Napoleon I (France)
- King Louis XVIII (France)
- Pope Pius VII
- Emperor Alexander I (Russia)
- King George III (United Kingdom)
- President James Madison (United States)
- President James Monroe (United States)
Last updated: 02-03-2005 00:53:25
Last updated: 02-23-2005 10:00:08