1629 1630 1631 - 1632 - 1633 1634 1635
1600s 1610s 1620s - 1630s - 1640s 1650s 1660s
16th century - 17th century - 18th century
1632 in literature
1632 in science
- See also: 1632 (novel)
- February 22 - Galileo's Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems is published
- July 23 - 300 colonists for New France depart Dieppe.
- November 16 - Battle of Lützen
- Christina becomes queen of Sweden; five regents, headed by Axel Oxenstierna, govern country.
- Antigua and Barbuda is first colonized by England
- Portuguese driven out of Bengal.
- Charles I of England issues charter for the colony of Maryland (named in honor of Henrietta Maria), under control of Lord Baltimore.
- Sir Francis Windebank made chief Secretary of State in England.
- University of Tartu in Estonia founded
- August 29 - John Locke (philosopher).
- October 20 - Sir Christopher Wren (architect, astronomer, mathematician).
- November 24 - Baruch Spinoza, Dutch philosopher
- November 28 - Jean-Baptiste Lully, French composer
- April 19 - Sigismund III Vasa, king of Poland and former king of Sweden
- September 13 - Archduke Leopold V of Austria, Regent of Tyrol
- November 16 - Gustav II Adolph of Sweden, King of Sweden, killed in the Battle of Lützen
Last updated: 02-07-2005 07:41:00
Last updated: 02-22-2005 15:48:47