1527 1528 1529 - 1530 - 1531 1532 1533
1500s 1510s 1520s - 1530s - 1540s 1550s 1560s
15th century - 16th century - 17th century
- June 25 - Augsburg confession presented to Charles V of Holy Roman Empire.
- August 12 - Florence is captured by Spanish troops under Prince Philibert of Orange . The Medici are restored in the person of the Pope's nephew Alessandro de Medici.
- Knights of Malta are formed when the Knights Hospitaller are given Malta by Pope Clement VIII.
- Ducal palace of Celle constructed.
- Martin Afonso de Souza 's expedition to patrol the Brazilian coast, banish the French, and create the first colonial towns: São Vicente and São Paulo.
- Austrian forces capture Gran in Hungary, and raid as far as Buda.
- Copernicus presents his sun-based system.
- February 18 - Uesugi Kenshin, Japanese samurai and warlord
- August 25 - Ivan IV of Russia (Ivan The Terrible), first czar of all Russia.
- November 6 - Josias Simler, Swiss scholar, mostly known as the author of the first book pertaining entirely to the Alps.
- Thomas Jones (later known as Twm Shon Catti), Welsh outlaw, called the Welsh Robin Hood. (approximate date)
- Jan Kochanowski
- Christopher Bathory, a prince of Transylvania
- John Whitgift, English archbishop
- Elias Nikolaus Ammerbach, German composer
- Guillaume Costeley , French composer of Parisian chansons
- Claude Le Jeune , French composer of chansons
- December 26 - Babur, founder of India's Mughal Empire
- Cardinal Thomas Wolsey, British statesman
- Quentin Matsys a painter in the Flemish tradition, founder of the Antwerp school.
- Fernando Lopes, the first permanent resident of Saint Helena.
Last updated: 02-07-2005 07:25:36
Last updated: 02-08-2005 05:43:54