1468 1469 1470 - 1471 - 1472 1473 1474
1440s 1450s 1460s - 1470s - 1480s 1490s 1500s
14th century - 15th century - 16th century
- March - The Yorkist King Edward IV returns to England to reclaim his throne.
- April 14 - Battle of Barnet - Edward defeats the Lancastrian army under Warwick, who is killed.
- May 4 - Battle of Tewkesbury - King Edward defeats a Lancastrian army under Queen Margaret and her son, Edward of Westminster the Prince of Wales, who is killed. This practically destroys the Lancastrian cause.
- May 20 - Henry VI of England is murdered in the Tower of London and Edward IV becomes sole King of England.
- October 10 - Battle of Brunkeberg in Stockholm. The forces of Regent of Sweden Sten Sture the Elder with help of farmers and miners repel an attack by Christian I, King of Denmark.
- First Inca Pachacuti Inca Yupanqui of the Inca Empire dies and is succeeded by his son Tupac Inca Yupanqui.
- Pedro Escobar and João Gomes first visit São Tomé and Principe.
- May 21 - Albrecht Dürer, German artist, writer and mathematician
- October 7 - King Frederick I of Denmark
- March 22 - Pope Paul II
- April 14 - Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick, "Warwick the Kingmaker"
- May 4 - Edward, Prince of Wales, only son of King Henry VI
- May 20 - Henry VI King of England
- Emperor Go-Hanazono of Japan
- Inca Pachacuti
Last updated: 02-06-2005 14:01:35
Last updated: 02-22-2005 15:48:47