1375 1376 1377 - 1378 - 1379 1380 1381
1340s 1350s 1360s - 1370s - 1380s 1390s 1400s
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
- March - John Wyclif tried to gain public favour by laying his theses before parliament, and then made them public in a tract. He appeared before Simon of Sudbury at the episcopal palace at Lambeth to defend himself.
- April 9 - Pope Urban VI (Bartolomeo Prignano, archbishop of Bari) elected. In the Great Schism the papacy moves from Avignon to Rome, ending the Avignon Papacy.
- September 20 - Unhappy with Pope Urban's behavior, a group of cardinals meet at Fondi and elect Clement VII antipope.
- Dmitri Donskoi of Vladimir defeated a small Mongol army.
- February - Queen Jeanne de Bourbon, wife of King Charles V of France
- March 27 - Pope Gregory XI
- Charles IV, Holy Roman Emperor
- King Enrique of Castile
Last updated: 02-04-2005 14:21:20