1228 1229 1230 - 1231 - 1232 1233 1234
1200s 1210s 1220s - 1230s - 1240s 1250s 1260s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
- Ardengus becomes bishop of Florence
- Emperor Frederick II promulgates the Constitutions of Melfi (also known as Liber Augustalis), a collection of laws for Sicily.
- Emperor Tsuchimikado of Japan
- Abd-el-latif, physician and traveler
- St. Elizabeth of Hungary died November 17, 1231, either from physical fatigue or from disease, only 24 years old, in Marburg. She was canonized by Pope Gregory IX in 1235.
- St. Anthony of Padua also known as Anthony of Lisbon died June 13, 1231. Canonized by Pope Gregory IX in 1232
- Aragon - James I King of Aragon and count of Barcelona (reigned from 1213 to 1276)
- Castile - Ferdinand III, the Saint King of Castile and Leon (reigned from 1217 to 1252)
- Navarre - Sancho VII the Strong King of Navarre (reigned from 1194 to 1234)
- Portugal - Afonso II, the Fat, King of Portugal (reigned from 1212 to 1233)
Last updated: 10-24-2004 05:10:45